We will soon be launching our new Kids Cafe Session at Simple Things Cafe on Thursdays after school. This will provide a safe, supervised space for children in School Years 4-6 to hang out with their friends and our volunteer Kids/Youth Workers.
What will there be?
- A Reading Room & opportunity to join a Book Club
- A craft/art area
- Space to play card and board games
- A Lego Table
All children will receive a healthy snack and drink.
We need volunteers to help with:
- Serving snacks and drinks
- Supervising play areas/reading spaces
- Facilitating a Book Club
- Supervising the entrance/exit of children
We can’t run the cafe until we have enough volunteers to keep it safe and fun for all children, please do get in touch if you can help either weekly or on a rota basis. We welcome young volunteers (this is good experience for DofE Awards).
All volunteers will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.